Pages

Wednesday, 31 August 2016

Cross Country

As the tall long black microphone slowly rings for the year 8 girls, at a slow speed I felt a burning sensation of nervousness rush through my steaming body. I slowly walked with a lack of excitement as 1000 butterflies circulated in my stomach. At a slow speed I walked all the way to the white spray painted starting line,I got really nervous for the big tough race. I could loudly hear loads of cheering voices screaming at me as the little kids greatly screamed in a loud volume as we got started for the big race.

Mr Burt leisurely placed his hot red hands onto the big loud red and black slap banger. All the year 8 girls slowly paced themselves and quickly got into their starting positions, Once Mr Burt called out “ Get ready” I felt like I was going to faint. The race finally started, as the whole crowd of nervous year 8 girls rapidly ran their fastest all around the big muddy green grass field. Once I hit the black spiky long gate I could feel a big burn of tiredness in my hot red body.

As I saw most of the fast year eight’s past me I felt very upset so I quickly put one foot in front of the other and sprinted till I made it to the top 5 girls. As I  slowly got half way to get onto my second lap I caught up to some of the fastest girls in year 8. I was thinking to myself as I was running, that I wanted to beat my high score from last year. In my stomach I could feel a bubbly popping feeling in my stomach as it was fastly spinning round and round and round. Like a huge washing machine.

As I slowly jogged past the muddy farm, I feel my toes squishing and squashing between the slimy brown mud. A small group of girls slowly tried  to jog past me but when i saw them to to sprint past me I picked up my speed and tried to catch up to the other small group of 3 girls who were in front of me by 3 metres.

In the hotness of the sun I could hardly see what was in front of me until I slowly started to jog a little but faster. My tempere started to slowly rise down as in the shadows I could see the whole school cheering and the parents standing by as my heart started to beat faster I took a big step and sprinted to the end of my destination. I foot went and I finished the heart beating race.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.